IASAS global eMentoring provides a guided mentoring partnership using online mentoring, video chat, social media, email, and/or telephone. It is a platform for professional performance development, knowledge sharing and career progression through connecting new and emerging practitioners with established student affairs/services leaders internationally.
The personal and professional development of both mentors and mentees in structured professional mentoring partnerships is well established and widely documented. Mentoring can happen across time zones through interaction via email, Skype, Facebook, FaceTime, Google Hangouts – overcoming issues around practice isolation due to remote locations or lack of local professional peers, and enhancing your experience and understanding of international issues in our global workplace.
Why is mentoring valuable?
- Linking with an experienced and collaborative network of peers who are knowledgeable experts interested in developing the skills, capability and confidence of emerging student services leaders.
- Increasing your personal effectiveness and success.
- Exploring career advancement opportunities and ideas.
- Accessing different perspectives around strategic issues based on the career experiences and professional insight of peers.
- Guidance in specialised fields or technical disciplines.
- Being challenged to develop or integrate new practice.
What does it involve?
- Matching mentees with student affairs/services Professional Mentors.
- A twelve month mentoring partnership from the time you are matched.
- Agreeing to the timing, frequency and duration of meetings.
- Identifying partnership goals and mechanisms for achievement.
- Ongoing program advice and feedback through IASAS.
If you have any questions, on being part of this program, please email Eva-Marie Seeto at firstname.lastname@example.org