Purpose / Explanation – The IASAS Blog is an online space for student affairs professionals working around the globe to share perspectives on issues and trends in the field that transcend borders. The blog features thoughtful articles from IASAS members and guests with the intention to share best practices, intentional reflection, and other informative content among our global community of peers. Topics include a diverse range of subjects such as:
- “How to create and sustain international partnerships”
- “Student affairs and services trends, best practices, or regional issues ” and
- “Challenges facing higher education professionals in different regions”
Our blog is aligned with IASAS’s goal to support the needs of international student affairs professionals, and encourage intercultural communication and understanding.
To Submit to our Blog – IASAS members or guests who have an interest in writing a blog article can submit their idea by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email ‘IASAS Blog Post Submission’ and include the following items in the body of the email: Your name, position title, institution, core theme(s) of your proposed blog post, three-sentence description, why you think the topic is relevant to the IASAS community. IASAS Blog posts should adhere to the following criteria:
- Relevant to student affairs professionals in a global context
- Aligns with the values and goals of IASAS
- Between 350 and 1000 words (preferably using recent APA standards)
- Include one visual
- Does not promote services or products for monetary gain; nor uses discriminatory/inflammatory language
Submissions are approved and selected by IASAS officers based on the information provided. IASAS reserves the right to not feature a completed article if it does not follow these guidelines.
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Board Meetings for 2019December 2019 November 2019 September 2019 August 2019 July 2019 May 2019 April 2019 February 2019 January 2019
- Questions?Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Nóirín Deady at email@example.com
- Researching the Effects of COVID-19 on Staff Wellness.Date Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 7am PST and 3pm GMT Topic Knowledge Session: Researching the Effects of COVID-19 on Staff Wellness Abstract As higher education institutions and organizations responded to the coronavirus crisis, the immediate focus was on student health and safety. As professional helpers, we will continue to prioritize students during crisis; however, we must acknowledge that not enough attention is given to the wellness of professionals who help manage crises. In this
- Register to an upcoming webinar
- Nov 4 – Exploring Social Responsibility & Issues of Inequity Around the WorldExploring Social Responsibility & Issues of Inequity Around the World So far 2020 has been an unprecedented year on many fronts, including global social outcries for greater equity and systemic societal change. Spanning half the globe (5 distinct regions), our virtual panel will explore how inequity presents differently around the world – framing the issues within a local context. Panelists will examine local barriers, organizational responses to social justice/social responsibility, and thoughts for the
- Pathways to Student Affairs and Student Services Around the Globe——————————————————————————————————————– Pathways to Student Affairs and Student Services Around the Globe For many, travel is not a possibility in 2020. Join our virtual voyage as we hear from a panel from around the globe about their paths into student affairs. They’ll share their journey, the challenges they have experienced in this work, and the opportunities they glimpse for its future. Come with your questions. Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 Time: 10 am (EST) Register Here!
- Pathways to Student Affairs and Student Services Around the Globe Webinar Registration
- Call For Program Form